Halle was sick when we came back from our trip to Adelaide. She was looking pallor and weak and could hardly move.
The next day, when I arrived home from work, I got frantic for not seeing her. I kept looking and not a sound from her when she usually comes to the door to meet me for her feed.
The kittens were crying and I did not have cat's milk in stock. It took me over two or three hours looking and calling her name. Sunny was no help. She just kept jumping here and there and sniff on the tiny kitties.
I could not help feeling emotional because I truly missed Halle. Then a slow drop of the box under the computer table was heard and there she was crawling as if she was in great pain. Her eyes were drowsy and could hardly open them.
Then she made a hard effort to crawl down the floor. I bent down to hug and kiss her. This time, my tears won't hold back. I could see she was really very very sick and I did not know what to do.
I knelt and prayed, "Please God, make Halle well." I consoled Halle that everything will be okay as she won't take any food, not even water.
Then I tried to comfort the kittens. I hovered my arms around them and gave each one a kiss. I tried talking to them and assuring them that Noemi was coming to bring them milk.
This time, Halle managed to creep towards them and gave each one of them a lick and then she lied down to feed them. Halle was very brave for what she had done.
Then Noemi came along with her friend Shanie with cat's milk. She embraced them even if they were with Halle gobbling their feed.
I was so scared. I did not want any of my cat's die. The next morning, Halle was still weak, but she could move about.
Today, she is looking better. And when I get home from here, she will have plenty of iron to enjoy because I bought her and Sunny some fresh mince meat and diced beef heart. They will love fresh food for a change.
The kittens are growing and so cute and gorgeous. They give me joy everyday!