March 7, 2008

A Free Day!

One of those rare days, work is crossed-out. So I decided to come to the city and check what's on here.

It was a lovely trip by an express train with only 4 stops to the terminal. I walked down a bit and popped in here in my favourite cafe. I read poems and post comments; read blogs, post comments, and reply to comments with mine.

Then I decided to join in photobucket to make my own album, and decided to add picture in my newly posted poem about Sydney. It took me so long to finish that one.
Writing poetry can be hard work, especially if mind, body and soul do not attune at the same time.

You have this knowing feeling about "the body is willing but the mind is tired."

You are inspired but you are consumed and filled with thoughts beyond description.

You start writing, then suddenly a distraction will block your think tank and you end up at doing nothing.

So today, I thought I will give myself a treat. I am going to Darling Harbour and walk up to the famous Sydney Opera House. And maybe go to the Botanical Garden.

I have the whole day in my hands for me what to do with it. Thankfully, I have done my housework, and cats are well-fed, so I don't have to worry about them.
From there, I will go to buy "Mum" her request of some knick-knacks she wanted. I am her errand girl which I don't mind.

It's Autumn with a speck of summery feel, so I will find out if there indeed is changing colour happening in the Botanical Garden. It has been two years since I last visited that place.

Have a lovely weekend!