March 4, 2009

Parental Guidance

"Take a moment to hear to-day
What your children are trying to say
Listen today whatever you do
Or they won't come back to listen to you
Listen to problems and their needs
Praise their triumphs and good deeds
Tell them you love them every night
Read a story, then turn out the light
Don't worry about what happened today
Tomorrow is going to be OK."~Anon


Red is for passion. And I am a passionate mother. So that describes me. My passion for parenthood; alone, unaided, except the one who guides me from Above.

I found this verse from a country magazine a long long time ago, when my children were still young. Even before I get the opportunity to read the content, I would say, I already applied the principles that this inspirational verse had spoken of.

If there is a lasting memory that will ever etch in my heart, it would be the memory of Motherhood. How I fondly cherish this memorable part of my life and guess what? I miss my children so much especially those years where they always write me love letters everyday with their lovely drawings. Sometimes they would write me a verse. They made me homemade and handmade cards. They were very creative and they still are.

Those love letters are now being replaced with phone calls. "Hi Mum! I miss you Mum and I love you" sort of conversation. I taught them how to "give" more and "take" less.

Now, I sit back and reminisce those wonderful times amidst our struggles. We triumphed over troubles.