May 1, 2009
And the news ...
Yesterday, our day was gloomy with dark clouds hovering in the sky. My desire to go out and take my mink blanket to a nearby Dry Cleaner shop was dampened. And enthusiasm depleted along with my bruised spirit.
It was only brightened by two calls from my girls. One call was to tell me that her wedding is set next month, three days after her birthday. And the other call was for an unexpected financial offer that I did not want to take.
I declined at first because I am alright with myself but the caller from the other end insisted. So I relented. It is good to have extra for a rainy day, indeed!
I take care of myself and never expected my children to feel oblige towards me. It made me touchy when she happily offered to share her fruit of labour. By culture and tradition, I never heard anyone in this country doing it to their parents. Aside from being thankful, I was dumbfounded enough to express my gratitude to my girl.
Deep inside me, I'm proud of her that she found herself a good job and much more for her to carry on her dream of going to a university one day. She told me long ago that she would build her life from scratches without me going into further hassle and trouble as she told me, "you have done enough."
When my girls decided to live on their own, they assured me, "for as long as there is no police that will come knocking at your door, then be at peace, we are okay."
It was hard for a single mother and the hardest thing to learn to do is to "Let Go". It was a shame that they claimed independence too early in life, but here, children have the protection of the law, so I feel alright with all my trust that I leave to God for their safety.
I am blessed, both are doing alright.