
Sunday, second Sunday of May, the world paid tribute to all Mothers.
This is the time where our sagging economy gets temporary boosts. Card and craft makers, chocolate and sweet manufacturers, cake shops, bakeries, novelty suppliers, flower planters, courier industry, transport, holiday places, photo shops, cafes, clubs and restaurants, appliance and electrical centers and all - in fact everything! - are up and running to meet the demands of the day.
One single day can wonderfully make a world of difference to these establishments when their cash registers are starting to dry out as an aftermath of economic doom.
The Financial world are hyped up with global recession, but the people didn't care much about it. Who cares and who understand their jargonic idiosyncracies?
Mother's Day .... was a very quiet day for me during daytime. I did my usual thing, multitasking. Not much to do except washing by hands consumes much of my time. It never bothers me at all.
Afternoon came, the kitchen started to come alive. Oven ready, chicken was cleaned by rubbing it with salt and washing a vinegary tepid water, stuffed it with lemon grass, large cuts of onion, spade red chilli, dashed with salt and finally greased it with olive oil and wrap in foil and shoved into a preheated oven.
Halfway through cooking and in between basting, I added the parboiled potatoes and pumpkins and continue baking till done.
The moment my girl and her fiance entered, naturally the wafting aroma of the lemon grass pulled their nostrils up to make a pleasing grin.
It was just a simple get together for the three of us. I also prepared tossed green salad and Coriander will never be left out. I could not remember if I took a photo. What a pity! Ah yes, I remember, my cam was broken. And I did not think of using my mobile phone cam. tsk, tsk, slow thinking.
The highlight of the day was a lovely Mother's Day card with my own daughter's writing. Her words truly pinched my heart with emotion:
May 10, 2009
"Dearest Mummy,
Happy Mother's Day.
Thank you so much for helping me through this year. Your Love, support and patience with me has helped me so much.
I Love you so much Mum and hope to be like you one day. I want you to know you mean the world to me and even though we fight I still Love and worry about you alot. I'm always here for you as you are to me. Thank you for everything in My Life.
Happy Mother's Day.
Love
Baba Noemi :) oxoxo
(always your Baby)"
On the sidebar, my son-in-law to be, wrote:
"I love you too! :)
from Steve
'You will make a great mother-in-law and Grandmother one day.'"
They also brought me a nice box of chocolate (alas, am not much of a choco fan but I appreciate their generous thoughtful gesture) and a CD of Britain Got Talent's Paul Pott. Wonderful!
As to my eldest girl?

Lily rang me from Orange, where she lives and works to greet me Happy Mother's Day with lots of love and 'I miss you'. And that she is currently knitting me a scarf as her mother's day present ready for the coming winter.
What more can I ask for?
Hope all the mothers in the world did have a great Happy Mother's Day. This is late in posting, but my mind was not into writing Random Thought for this occasion.