June 13, 2009

Life … an opinionated reaction to Rikkij's blog

Death on the Horizon by Rikkij

Life …. what can I say about life besides it’s a gift from God? He breathed into our nostrils soon as we were born. Then the doctor, nurse or a midwife slapped our back so we could catch the air and they let us cry, a sign for life…. We grow, we live, we endure, we persevere, we meet what we meet like accident, good luck, the President, a rich man, a queen, a pope, a pauper and who else do you know? We live with our family, our neighbours. We have friends, we make enemies or the enemies make enemies out of us. There is human nature to deal with, and cruel nature to put up with. We live alone, in a society, in a country, in a gutter, whereever… Really we cannot know what’s going to happen to us whether we live healthily or we live filthily. We live piously or we live impiously. So many possibilities that equal impossibilities which sometimes outlived probabilities and improbabilities…Life…however well meaning we live by it…. the time span is not for us to calculate. Long before we are born, our expectancy is already calculated. Then we hear people say, “Live the most of it”.

Ah … such an outlook, a contemplation … just by looking at the fate of others. In them we see our own.. and it made us think, it made us think,,,, will I go next? Who knows? When? And where?

If I have my choice, I want it peacefully. No drama. Just go in peace. No trouble. No bother. No one to cry. No one to get broken-hearted. Just like one of those characters in the Bible whose person just disappeared before the crowd. …Going to the Point of No Return…. I don’t know, it is two years more to go before I turn three scores…and oftentimes, I am still feeling childlike. I laugh, I smile, I cry, I get depressed, I feel happy…I get angry, I get cross…. at the end of the day…I thank the Lord He still let me hold the Breath He pumped into my nostril on the day I was born. Cheers!