July 7, 2009

Grammatical Horror

One advantage that helps me with blogging is my constant practice in my English writing. When I write, I just write ignoring all conventional rules like for instance, Grammar. I let go the flow of my thoughts to express myself. Once I loss my thought, it will never come back if I procrastinate my writing to another time even at a slightest second or a minute farther. I seldom write in my journal book. Oftentimes, their pages are left blank.

One of my troubles in writing is the Use of small words, mainly the Prepositions: at, in, on, of, to, and with, by, into, unto; and the use of articles:The, An and A. Another trouble that I cannot avoid mentioning is my use of Punctuation Marks.

Sometimes my Grammar is revolting that I have to keep changing my work. The more I read, the more I see or discover mistakes in my work. Sometimes my Subject do not agree with the Predicate. The pronouns are even inappropriate. I would say, he for a she and a she for a he. The her and him are also interchanged.

The tenses do not agree either. If they only have strong fists, they would have punched my nose, if not, they would shake me hard and tell me, "what's wrong with you? Did you hear me? Are you not listening?"

At least, here in the Posting Box, where we type whatever we want to write, there is a Formatting Tool that helps with our spelling. Sometimes this tool also aggravates, if not, creates confusion. Like for instance, we can use lovingkindness as one word. But Mr Spell Check disagrees by marking a dotted red underline under the word LOVINGKINDNESS. However, he will ask you an option to ADD to Dictionary. And when I am not sure, then I am not sure. I will leave it as it is.

So I thought, little by little I must take note of my Grammatical Use with care. So I went to Google Search Engine and typed in the word Grammar and I came up with the following:

Grammar Teaching Websites

  1. Basic Grammar.
  2. Guide to Grammar and Writing. This is a community based sponsored website.
  3. A Few Basic Rules of Grammar with specification to How To Write Good.
If I can master these Simple Rules, I don't think I need to go to school to refresh my knowledge in English Grammar. I better keep this in mind. I mean I must practice my own Preaching. My girls used to remind me, "Mom, practice what you are preaching." Yes, my dears. Shame that they are not around anymore to correct my Grammatical Horror I mean Errors. Isn't that obvious?

Then again with 20 blogs to keep, do I think I have the time? Yes, I have, if I want to. It's all up to me! At least, I'm trying my best.