August 23, 2009

Life


I don't know who wrote this, but I dug this in my old files. Thanks for the back-up. I love collecting trash and treasure. But some important and inspiring writings that are very dear to me and are really worth passing on.

Did you know there are creatures whose entire lives are spent in caves, never to see the sun? Some are blind, because without light there is no point seeing. Some have no pigmentation, because there is no sunlight to give them pigments. Some have been born thousands of generations since their last ancestor saw sunlight. Did you know that all manner of creatures live in the desert? There is even a breed of elephant that has adapted to hot sand. Did you know that there are some creatures that live only in rushing mountain streams? They have adapted to cling to rocks so as not to get washed away.

Yes, there is life everywhere, even in the harshest climates. Boy, I sure am grateful to be a human being living in a more humane climate.