Well, I have been digging my old files from my email folders. And I found this one from my sister. This was sent in July 27, 2007. Anything relevant that she passes down, I keep. Now is the chance for me to pass this to others. Don't get me wrong. It's not my intention to sound preachy. Just sharing. Who knows what goodness this might be to you and me?
My sister extracted this from Healthy Tips written by Mrs. Theresa Duremdes. I don't know if she found this on the internet or magazine because there is no link. At least, I am giving credit to whom it is due. So I won't appear plagiarizing someone's work, let me repost this in blockquote with Credit intact.
Tips on how to stay young...
Researches have found that people who generally live longer do so partly because of good habits. Here, are some of the following good habits for longevity.
Laugh & have fun. Don't be gloomy.
Let bygones be bygones. Dwelling on the past inflicts unnecessary stress.
Early to bed, early to rise is healthy & wise.
Stay lean. Being just 30% overweight is bad.
Keep learning, reading & socializing - an alert & active mind keeps brain cells healthy.
Keep working, doing something you like. Don't retire. It slows down your body.
Be the boss of your own life. Letting others push you around produces stress.
Too many pills ruin your body. Take just what you need.
Constantly alternating between weight gain & loss is bad.
Exercise, quit smoking & eat less fatty foods.
Do not worry about health or death. Just get on with your life & enjoy it!
Cheers!