June 9, 2010

I Made It!

Thank you Ann for the chamomile suggestion. Why I haven't thought of that? I believed I had been overstimulated ... of what? Coffee? Perhaps because now I remember I had two helpings of cup which was rather unusual because I am honestly not very good with coffee.

The more I couldn't sleep when series of phone calls overloaded my day and in between I got stuck in my scanning task of pictures until the scanner froze. And finally my body signaled of tiredness so I went to spend my forty winks precisely in two hours.

I got up again, thanks to Lemmy the cat in waking me up, took a shower, get dressed ... for a long long night.

At least it was not freezing as the weather was beautiful when I walked to the station to catch the train to the city. Destination? Annandale Galleries for the book launching of Ross Fitzgerald's memoir My Name is Ross: An Alcoholics' Journey.

While on board, I read his book and what a story! To quote Irina Dunn, she described it as "insightful, inspiring and brutally honest" and I couldn't disagree. Very entertaining and contains all the ingredients of human survival seasoned with emotions, experiences, the highs and lows and failures before success.

Of course, we met some important people and I did not hide my delight when I finally met the former Labor ex-Premier of State of New South Wales in person. I am a fan of him during his political career. He was a journalist before joining Politics. I really wish we had a photo of him and his wife, Helena. Both are very highly intellectual persons. By right, I have no political leanings. I only admire people with guts and brains (fitted with wisdom) who inspire others.

Apparently, I managed to stay high-spirited and aloft during the night with a glass of white wine washed down with an Apple Juice. And I took lots of pictures too. From there, we drove back to the city in a cab and went in to a Vietnamese Restaurant and ordered a yummy bowl of noodle soup with crispy chicken, green salad and spring rolls with lots a cuppa of tea.

Ah the night was just great ... and I nearly fall asleep on the train on the way home.

And today, it's time to visit my grand-daughter. So I'll be off in a shortwhile and come back another day.

Cheers!

Gallery

Photographed, Blogged and Posted on Permission

The Kangaroo


Mr Bob Carr, former Premier NSW


The Authors


One art enthusiast with Lucy


Meeting Eric from a Ukraine stock, a Producer of some kind


Lucy, a future author to be


Annandale Galleries


Books on Sale: My Name is Ross and a biography of Alan Reid


Michael the Barman, a very cooperative, friendly and relenting photo subject 
 


Gai Ho Restaurant for a yummy noodle soup


Cheers!