DIRECTION
There are times in life that you might wonder which path to take. There are career choices. There are relationship choices. Sometimes there are choices related to safety.
There are many reasons why you might want to consider carefully your option, but there is one element that should be part of all options – your happiness. That is because whatever path you choose, you get to bring happiness along. Happiness comes from within, so you must never abandon happiness, for that is when it will abandon you. But so long as you hold fast to happiness, it will hold fast to you…whatever path you choose. ~
I cannot remember where I picked up this topic above. And I cannot remember how it gets here. What I remember for sure is I do have the knack of reading things over the net, and, if there is something that interests me, I mostly copy them for my own private consideration as time allows and not to forget to add the link of the source where I get my readings from. However, for some odd reason I did not do justice to this particular one.
But wait a minute, now something has peered through my brain. It told me that this could have been taken from The Happy Guy of David Leonhardt to which I am a regular subscriber. I have subscribed to lots of inspirational websites and my first is the Inspirational Line of Chelle Thompson where I solicit most of the quotations and post them in Adage, Maxim and Quote blog. The latest to my list of subscription is Barbara Jean's Inspirational Quotes. These websites are truly inspirational and most helpful to me. You might try to find them yourself if you could.
Okay, where am I heading in this blog now? Well, as I turned on to Dr Phil Show, where his topic of the day is about Personality, has triggered me to dig some of my unfinished business I shelved in my Random Notion to which a DIRECTION of the above remain untouched since December 2009. My mental bank was empty and there was nothing I could expound about the subject especially that for a long time, I have suffered direction malfunction.
Well, if I think about it, the theme by which David Leonhardt's, as I assumed is his, Direction is something to do with path, career, choices, relationship, happiness and options. Yet, I am boldly linking this heading below as my point of discussion, a bit awry but hopefully, my brainwave leads to anything relevant. Least, I will be taken as someone who is truly in her disoriented mood. So thanks to Mr Winter. haha
My Direction is taken to Dr Phil as he talks about different personalities people possess. That variation of personality is liken to the personality of certain animals to which we are unaware of. He mentioned about this particular website The Animal in You and as I am personally intrigued by it, I went to browse said website and tried to take The Animal in You Personality Test.
Since I feel that my personality varies at certain point of time - I mean my behaviour, my emotion, how I perceived myself to be, my social interaction with family, friends and others; my line of thinking and many more, I thought of undergoing two tests. The following came out as a result of that test.
Snake
Pity the cold-blooded snakes. Without arms, wings or flippers, they are forced to slink through life in a solitary quest for warmth and acceptance. Shy and insecure, they must keep a low profile to avoid the disapproving glances and teasing of others. Of course, their poisonous wit and quick tongues help to keep tormentors at bay.
As a child its small frame was no defense against the taunts of the playground bullies, so its sharply vicious attacks were adopted as means of protection. Snakes have no illusions about getting breaks in life and while they see doors opening for others, they have resigned themselves to staying in their lowly, entry level positions. So don't try and humor the snake, for it has reconciled itself to its subservient position.
With their intimate connection to the earth and their unique perspective on life, snakes have learned to express themselves through their art. Whether writers, moviemakers or painters, they are obsessively meticulous about their craft. Every now and then, one makes an impact on the art world and is thrust into the spotlight. But the snake recoils from the glare of publicity, and its behavior becomes even more erratic than usual. Woody Allen, the proverbial snake, comes to mind.
In winter, the cold-blooded snake is miserable. It just can't cope in the low temperature that seeps in through its thin skin, affecting its mood and sapping its energy. Prone to colds and flu, they are pathetic sights as they snivel and cough throughout the season. But when summer returns with its warmth and light, the snakes' moods brighten and their spirits soar.
Snakes are not fussy about their choice of jobs. As cold blooded personalities they perform best when given warmth and kindness and will accept almost any job, provided they feel secure. However, if they feel mistrusted, they live up to their reputation and return the disloyalty. Consequently, they are often relegated to menial jobs in the fast-food industry or as unskilled labor.
MouseI intentionally italicized, enlarged, and coloured blue those attributes I feel aptly described me. So I don't totally agree that I have a set of personality that can be found in one animal alone. As we belonged to two personalities entwined into our parents personas, it is understandable that we take personality splits between our parents. And same is true with our own children.
Mice personalities are enormously successful and are well represented throughout cities and suburbs. Living in close proximity to larger animal personalities, they survive by utilizing the resources others consider insignifiant, and because of their limited consumption mice place very little stress on the environment. They are quiet, compliant people and they disappear into their homes after work without ever drawing attention to themselves.
Physically small and emotionally timid, mice personalities adopt a typically rodent pattern of self-reliance in order to survive. Their canny minds have long since learned that the only free cheese is to be found in a mousetrap and they wouldn't dream of depending on others for support. This independence is quite understandable, given that they get so little respect from others.
There can never be enough money in the mouse's bank account. Like their rodent cousins the packrats, mice are manic about hoarding their resources and planning for the future. If anyone were to look inside a mouse's garage they'd be struck by the mountains of old newspapers, boxes, and broken tools piled to the ceiling. These objects represent security and peace of mind for the mouse, and parting with them would be like separating from a lover. Consequently, they are often seen scurrying around swap meets and garage sales, eagerly adding to their collection.
Mice are unassuming and plain. As youngsters, they were endearingly cute, although later years their smallish features fail to mature with the rest of their body. As it ages, it'll probably evolve into a mousy haired elder going quietly about his or her business.
Mice are uncomfortable when exposed in the open, and their timidity forces them to keep a low profile. They enjoy the security of numbers and join social organizations like the Rotary Club or the chamber of commerce to enhance their acquisition of resources. Their work environments are always neat and well organized and they take great care to ensure that things are always in their correct place. They are creatures of habit and need schedules and routines to make them feel in control.
With their small personalities, mice find it difficult to compete in the business world. Consequently, they almost never own their own business, relying instead on the abilities of larger animal personalities to lead the way. they are content to function as a cog in the wheel of a large corporation. Dependable workers, mice are often found as customer service representatives, factory workers, bank tellers and librarians.
As the saying goes, "no five fingers are alike".
Though I am generally approachable and congenial to everyone, to some extent I do limit my social interaction to people whom I feel at home and comfortable with. My direction of happiness is not according to the personality I have but simply by just being myself and be true to myself. And by being so, that is where I am most happiest. I don't have to try to be this and that as a "wannabe" but just myself. Of course, there is always room for improvement even how much I am contented with life.
