Meantime, Welcome to David's ala carte or smorgasbord of random thought. This has been sitting here for so long, sadly abandoned, for I consider myself the Queen of Procrastination. I have so many distractions to deal with that always keep me away from doing my unfinished duties; proof of which is a pile of laundry patiently waiting for me to tackle. The only thing I can't procrastinate is cleaning. Not that I am "Miss Disinfectant" or "Dr OCD" as sometimes my girls would call me, but I find it hard to function in a disorderly environment. This is the reason why I can never be a writer. To be a writer means total withdrawal from all things that offers comfort and convenience imaginable.
As you enter David's by-the-roadside Cafe, imagine that you are reading a Menu billboard standing by the gateway or footpath entrance. It says:
"Do you prefer a buffet, where you can choose small helpings of lotsThe billboard as it happens also contained, and in small print, list of preferences:
of different flavours and food types?
Or do you prefer a table d'hote, with a pre-set selection of items
packaged together?"
I wonder if our preference for eating is a mirror of our preferenceAnd here's David's recommendation:
for living. Some people spend their whole lives at a single career and
perhaps a hobby or two, constantly perfecting, getting incrementally
better over the years. They live the life of a specialist...a "table
d'hote life".
Others prefer to try different things, change careers several times,
seek variety within each career (and careers that offer maximum
variety) and adopt various hobbies at various times in their lives.
This is the "buffet life".
I know I prefer the buffet life as much as buffet restaurants. WhatWell, recommendation or not, I already knew my nourishment preference. Without meaning to abate myself to indignity, my personal experience in life over the years has ushered me to a Smorgasbord Table of a "buffet life". I suppose circumstances in life vary as they come at different times where ever we happen to be at a certain place that mostly left us no option but to take whatever is on the plate to salvage some inevitable untoward predicaments. Sometimes, a soothsaying cliche "preparation meets opportunity" is not existent to some or simply not applicable to most however gifted, prepared or ready they may be, as they face the battle in life.
about you? Do your eating preferences also reflect your life
preferences?"
So I contend myself with a buffet kind of life, however humble, which is still condimented with happiness one way or another in my own perception and terms. After all, I conform to David's definition of Happiness that makes my "buffet life" worthwhile.
- Happiness is all about being at one with all that has passed, appreciating those experienced we have lived, valuing what has come our way.
- Happiness is all about living for the moment, living in the present, enjoying all that is around you.
- Happiness is all about being comfortable with where we are heading, safe in the knowledge that good things are on their way.
Cheers!