October 15, 2010

Golden Greed

So the news implied -

I am talking about the 19th Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India which at this point of typing is still celebrating the closing ceremony as proclaimed by HRH Prince Edward. (Oh love that Englishy accent).

This leaves me pretty much insomniac so I thought I would make some follow-up readings in regards to the final result of the games. And the news said, that Ozzie Team garnered 74 gold, 55 silver and 48 bronze that sums up to 177 medals overhaul. It goes on to say that this outback country down the southern hemisphere has "won more medals than any other nation in 13 of the 20 versions of the games." There I quoted it so I won't get caught with plagiarism. Well, sometimes, we have to borrow someone's words in full to give total veracity to the writing, and not necessarily owning it or taking credit for it. Give to Caesar what is due to Caesar. So check it at Nine News Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi by Paul Mulvey. There you go Paul!

Plagued with controversy, whingers and whiners, hot weather, Delhi belly, ups and downs - all these made the Commonwealth Games colourful for a great event. Of course, let me not forget the highlight which is India itself: People, its culture, architecture, Taj Mahal, arts not to miss the Bollywoody thingy whatever that is, as am not keen on that matter.

Ah, something is not on the plate - Indian Cuisine! And for dessert, it is tagged as the most expensive Commonwealth Games ever staged at an estimated cost of $2.4 million bill. It was not mentioned if it is US or A$ but who cares?

Will close this with a quotation from the same source.

"There's no doubt the Commonwealth Games is one of those events is probably an accident of history rather than geography. And what happens is that history changes and moves on, and things in the Games, they need to change as well."~Perry Crosswhite, Chief Executive, Australian Commonwealth Games Association.

Now, that CG is over in which for two days was overshadowed by the successful Chilean Miners Rescue Mission - another synchronizing worldwide TV event on the other side of the world that aggravated my Insomnia, ... now, I said ....

I can go to sleep.

(Written right after the closing ceremony live TV broadcast straight from Delhi).

By the way, the next host city of the 20th CG is Glasgow, Scotland. The artists performed a terrific Preview highlighting Glasgow's Clyde Auditorium. The year is 2014.