April 21, 2009

Congratulations, you've got a best answer

Have you ever been to Yahoo Question and Answer? One time, there was a question posted in Yahoo main page that attracted my attention. So I went to the forum and answered it. Then I started navigating ... and like any other networks, this also attracts many members who are as active as members here in blogspot. Anyway, there was this guy who posted this question that I cheekily answered. The result is below: Go and read it. I omitted the Asker's ID and mine. But the answer is mine or else Yahoo A & A won't bother sending me the notice of Congratulations by email. I did not alter anything. I copied and pasted whatever was printed there in Black and White. No Editing was made by me. No Way!!!


It all went horribly wrong but I like her too much?

Hi, I saw this girl in the bus about a month ago. Later that morning I saw her in the library. I walked up to her when she looking for some books and got her name and number. She was quite eager to know me, too. I invited her to a reading I was giving but she never turned up. After a few days I called her but she didn't pick up -- she didn't know my number. Anyway, as I didn't know anything much about her -- except what I found to be attractive about her: her prettiness, a sweet eccentricity and decency -- I wrote her a letter and gave it to her a week or so later. I explained that I sincerely liked her. It was almost as if she had been warned about the letter by some of her friends. I felt slightly crushed by her attitude for she was probably misunderstanding me. Because she seemed so unsure of making the first move, once again I did something -- I wrote her a poem, a really good one about Monday when I first saw her -- not at all intense but dreamy and light-hearted. She didn't read my poem then but kept it. When I waited for her and she finally descended the steps she told me she had a boyfriend "on and off" when I know she doesn't. I felt very terrible. All I could manage was: "It's alright."

Please tell me what I should do next. I don't plan to speak to her in the coming months, so she can think about the poem I wrote -- which I know she really likes. And I want to give her some space. But I don't want to walk away either.

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Hmmmm that's a very interesting case to work on. Let me see if I can help you.

You are truly a gentleman. Keep it that way.

Second tick: You handle it patiently and intelligently. Keep it that way.

Third tick: You are cute by writing her a poem. And no, you did not confuse her. And in no way, you are chasing her either. Remember, you are both strangers to each other.

How did you know that she has no boyfriend at all? The fact that she told you "on and off" that is one sure sign that she knew deep within that you like her and you are interested in her. She is just measuring the cup of your interest Dear.

Yes, do give her a space without letting her go. Meaning do a clandestine "I Spy with my little Eyes" and be sure that your move is not busted by anyone. Try asking more about her without being too obvious if you know what I mean. Men like to investigate too!

Was it her prettiness that really attracted you to her? Seeing her in the library is a good sign that she is just more than a pretty face, you know. Hmmm that would be intriguing. For our professor long time ago told our class that the best way to find a person of interest at heart is the Library as an example. You got that! We even dubbed the Library as "Loverary". At least, you did not spy her in the pub or in a poker machine club.

Don't feel terrible. The gold is purified by testing it in an intense heat of the fire. So she is testing the purity of your gold, figuratively speaking. If you don't plan to speak to her in a month or so, then do so. I bet if you can stand doing that either.

How did you know that she really likes the poem you wrote to her? Now doesn't that gesture tell you SOMETHING?

No, I don't recommend you to walk away. That would mean you are Chicken.

After a month or so that you will really succeed in not talking to her, she will be the one who will wonder where on earth you have been. A good and decent lady has pride too. Let that be her privilege. I know am a bit old-fashioned but who cares?

Anyway, when the cooling off period becomes too intense for you, and you get the chance talking to her, ask her politely "I would be honoured if you accept my little invitation for a nice cup of coffee". Be a gentleman and remember those little ethics that would make a lady tick to you. Don't forget a little humour Dear!

Keep your persistence low and just be level headed. The one who wins is the one who dares and who endures to the end.

All the best to you. Email me if a Miracle happens. Cheers!!!!

Source(s):
My old-fashioned Common Sense.

* 2 weeks ago