With the absence of a camera, nothing can happen much without the action being recorded through a photograph. And if a photo indeed is present, it won't be posted here at Random either. Not that I did not get any pictures at all, it is that the pictures I took today were in my mobile phone camera that I can't obviously transfer to the computer unless I have the proper accessory to attach from one gadget to another.
But my main point is, it's nice to be a visitor for a day. I went to see my daughter who told me she could not come to see me because she has no money. She bluffed me of course, so I thought for a change, I would be the one to go to see her.
I basically am a prisoner in my own home of my own choosing. Once I am home, then I am home. I am pretty lazy going out unless my cats need food and if I go to church or I need to pay my bills that requires urgent action.
If not, if I need to do something outside in my little backyard like cultivating my little garden or some of the plants need trimming. Or if my cats want to play and I let them run wild with my supervision of course. They are free to roam and climb the tree or swing in a sweet potato vines that grow up in the tree. And they swing like free monkeys in a mini forest tree behind my little unit. American counterparts call a "unit" apartment. That is one of the slightest differences of the Antipodean English language.
If I only know well of Trine slang, I would be using some every now and then to amuse the northern hemispherean dwellers. Because they sound really cute if only they can also imagine the sound of the southern hemispherean accent. Too bl...y cute! If you know what I mean.
Hint: Just watch the movie "Australia" and listen to how the outback dwellers speak. You will know what I mean!
Back to my visit to my lovely darling daughter. It's really fun having a mini argument with her when our conversation do not meet in one accord. And it's more fun when our conversation meet at a junction with both our comical moods switch on and with my giggly nature I just can't help laughing at her own antics especially the way she animates things with her own style of self-expression.
After a plate of expensive fish and chips and four triangles of toasted bread topped with a few dab of sliced smoked turkey, few rounds of thinly sliced green capsicum with melted cheese and extra handful of chips, I really could not work it out how come they turned out expensive. Not that I'm a tightwad, my daughter, I noticed has a flair of expensive cafe. Wow to her and I secretly admire that about her.
For the sake of practicality, I really don't see why she can't be practical like me when it comes to spending money especially when recession is here with us to stay. Well, it has always been recession with us anyway since time immemorial, I suppose.
I mean, being a single mother, I am really very good at practicing austerity. Giving my money its worth. But kids, they (by the way, I have two) really think their single mother is a millionaire!
Anyway, we did a little grocery shopping. Cat food what else! Our own needs only come in second. I'd rather starve myself than starving my cheeky but lovable cats.
Back to my daughter's unit or apartment, I cooked chicken adobo for her. This time, I let her observed me how I did it. So next time I go to see her, she has to do it herself. Well, she can cook. Boiled eggs for example. Isn't that a simple recipe to do?
She volunteered cooking Basmati rice and again, I told her how much water she must used to make the rice perfectly soft but not soggy. Boy! It was a perfect finish indeed! So I gave her a thumbs up to the delight of her fiance who came along for dinner with us. We just left the salad or vegies because we were in a hurry to go away.
They took me to look at the new townhouse they are going to buy for their coming marriage. Wow, marriage! But the house look so awesome! It was night time, so we did not get inside as it is not fully completed yet. But they were told they can move in three months time. By then, they will be married already and we are hoping for the best that they would.
They are heading to a good direction with all good intentions, so I blessed them. They took me home to my waiting patient cats: four kittens and two adults and one semi-adult.
Cheers!