Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
My Personal Note:
Sounds like the crunch of corporate greed leading to economic recession.
And what a foreboding indeed. No wonder am not into any banking foolishness. My friend said to me "invest".
I said, I already have my investment....call it SPIRITUAL INVESTMENT. By then, I pay no one interest and, no one owes me interest.
When I die, my children will not have problems claiming what they can’t claim and there will be no fraudulent claim to be made on their behalf. That's fair dinkum.
I live by the day... no debt, no credit. And no one will come after me for all their GREED's worth!
Makes life simple and easy!
This is the reason why "I much prefer to Insure my soul to God than to humans".~I said in 5 January 2009.
"It’s better to trust God than to trust a Man" ~ Proverbs
This is what I exactly told that person who came knocking at my door selling Insurance to me. In those times, telemarketers were not known.