June 2, 2009

Another Trek to the Dentist

I am handled by a graduating Dental Intern at Westmead Hospital. This dental journey commenced last year. I was taken good care by this very lovely, friendly and gentle lady intern name Sandy. She is finished and is practicing in her own clinic up in Brisbane now. But my case isn't through yet.

This time, a young equally friendly and helpful handsome Intern is taking over my case. And today, God knows what will happen. He is making adjustment to the denture of my few missing teeth to perfection. So far, I like the mold and the color matches my original fangs so to speak. No, I don't have fangs at all.

I made Steph laugh during the selection process of the denture colour. While we were doing comparison of choice of colour, I tested his adaptability in reacting to jokes by telling him, "I really do not mind if my teeth will have a Rainbow Colour." That almost made him fell off his chair. And we both could not help laughing a stifled laugh because we were in a huge ward of so many cubicles with other interns working and patients under treatment.

Steph is from Sri Lanka. He is very thorough and gentle too. Sandy told him to look after me because I was her favourite patient. Wow! What made me deserve such a merit!

Anyway, I hope all things will work out just as what we are hoping for.

It's second day of our Winter and it is looking bleak outside. Hope not my spirit after receiving a lovely photo of a gorgeous newborn baby, a nephew of my very good friend Simone from New Zealand.

Welcome to the World Charlie Angel. And Congratulations to Dan and Karen and family.