By George Daniel Anos
2017
These words I wrote in my message on #YouBleed's initial release. Was reminded of it when I got this message from a very close friend.
"And then of course, there is writing. For when we paint our stories or desires to life with words, other people can derive comfort from these, it gives them an awareness that they are not alone, that what they have gone or perhaps presently going through, someone has also passed. This brings the powerful message that the person on the other end of the mirror survived and lived to tell his or her tale, perhaps by way of speaking what he or she has written, what we call now as spoken words, or by allowing others to read a fascinating write-up, a life changing novel, an entrancing poem. From these, there is truth that our pain, the wisdom we gained from our travails and mistakes, our streaks of philosophical insights─ these things and more are important to other people. We may never know it but by sharing these, we might possibly be extending a lifeline to people who are in a state of hopelessness, or give a boost of hope to the ones trapped in cocoons of unimaginable anguish. These dear folks are the powers held by experiences wrought into words, reasons why I myself heard loud and clear then answered the muse’s beckoning with the words: “I WILL.”
I feel overwhelmed.