Sleepless in Australia. I was supposed to be feeling tired after a long stroll at Liverpool, I call Mecca of Sydney, with my daughter half a day, today.
Part of the conversation with my daughter was when she mentioned to me as we walked on the road that the New Britain Got Talent got a lovely matured lady singing and my daughter cried at the end of the show when Susan got approval from the three judges and asked her to come back to the show.
When we returned home to her unit, I call apartment, she switched on the TV for the news. It didn't take long when the newsreader featured the Britain Got Talent's Susan Boyle. The long and loud applause and standing ovation from the audience had really took my breath away.
Tonight, after few sms exchange with a very good friend and saying Nite, nite to each other, I just could not go to sleep at all. So I got up and booted the computer, checked email, updating blogs, many of them, and doing bit of this and bit of that. I did not let my cats deter me from doing what I am doing.
They sleep, they wake up, they play and am still here. I have done my online jigsaw puzzle and almost finish all the pictures in the gallery of jigzone and am still here. So I decided to do You Tube and typed in the search engine: Susan Boyle Britain Got Talent.
Lo and behold, there are so many postings there. You do your homework if you are interested because there are hundreds of fantastic postings just for her alone!
I commented and rated 5 stars to each post which is just literally the same episode.
The Australian Newsreader dabbed her as someone with unsophisticated look but has a "royal voice".
At first, the audience including the judges were cynical and rowdy towards her. And what a way to silence critics indeed the very moment she belted her dream. And when she started singing, boy, how Susan wowed them all. She sang "I Dream a dream" from the broadway musical 'Les Miserables'.
It was a very impressive rendition that gained her many standing ovations. She walked away right after she finished singing and Amanda said, "Oi" and the other judge said, "Come back!".
Ah, watch it for yourself. And you are authorized to add more to say.
Because I really enjoyed watching Susan and her funny antics with the judges. I can't also help feeling amused looking at the facial expressions of the two gentlemen and best of all Amanda's obvious look of surprise and delight as she sang.
Maybe I can go to sleep now. Imagine am still up at 5.10am Australian Eastern Standard Time. Go to sleep! Who? Me?
Nite, nite everyone!
The cats are awake now demanding their early morning feed!